What does the church council do?
Meets monthly or as needed
Manages affairs of the congregation
Acts on behalf of the congregation
Major decisions are ratified by the voters at meetings
Coordinates activities of the congregation Communicates status with the congregation
Who serves on the church council?
- Elected positions
- President, vice president, scretary, treasurer
- Board chairmen: Elders, Christian Education, Trustees, Evangelism
- Advisory positions
How can I serve on the church council?
- Voting member of congregation
- Prior experience as member of board or committee (preferred)
How can I help the church council?
- Pray for them as they serve
- Attend voters meetings
- Communicate your ideas to them
- Support their decisions
- Provide feedback and observations
- Volunteer to help with areas of need
- Pray for them
2011-2012 HTLC Church Council
Vice President & Finance Chairman:
Board of Elders
Board of Trustees
Board of Christian Education
Board of Evangelism